It all started with a desire to create something better. In 1979, Gerry Buchner, an aluminum siding installer, was frustrated with the quality of aluminum building products available on the market. He vowed to make durable products that were designed for the end-user and easier to install. Thus, Buchner Manufacturing Inc. (BMI) was born.
In the early days, Gerry and his sons, John and Andy, installed the products in addition to manufacturing them. As the business developed, they decided to step away from installations and focused solely on production. They expanded BMI’s manufacturing to include steel and copper products and started carrying items like vinyl siding, sealants, fasteners, metal roofing, and other exterior building products. From its humble beginnings in Pefferlaw, ON, Canada, Buchner Manufacturing has grown to become one of the leading manufacturers of building products, servicing North America and other locations around the world.
“Our approach has always been to do things “the Buchner way”, which means operating with integrity, produce high quality products with the end user in mind, and going the extra mile with our customer service.”
-John Buchner, Vice President of Buchner Manufacturing
Today, BMI has two manufacturing plants and five retail locations throughout Ontario. Our teams take pride in providing excellent service to all customers – from homeowners to local contractors to distributors. No matter how large or small the project, BMI can meet all of your building needs.
Our Mission & Values
Our mission is to provide innovative, high-quality exterior building products that are user-friendly and to conduct business with integrity.
Here at BMI, we live by these core values:
- Integrity - We uphold the highest standards of integrity by being honest, fair, and ethical in all of our actions.
- Exceptional Customer Service – Everyone operates with the mindset of maintaining the highest service level for the customer.
- Humility – We put the needs of the team ahead of our individual desires and value each other’s skills and contributions; no single person is bigger than the team.
- Accountability - We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our company, and to our community and clients. We face the facts, address the negative, and acknowledge the positive.
- Innovation - We never settle for the status quo. We overcome obstacles, find solutions, and deliver exceptional results. We question established ways, are open to new ideas, and are willing to change.
- Quality – We believe that everything we do should be high quality – from the products we produce to our individual and corporate performance.
- Teamwork - We are one team; our colleagues make us better. We share our skills, knowledge, and experience to become a team. Diversity and trust make us strong.
- Good Citizenship - We are good citizens in the communities in which we live and work. We believe in being good suppliers as well as good customers.
- Transparency - We openly collaborate in pursuit of the higher idea. We have no tolerance for politics, hidden agendas, or passive-aggressive behavior.
- Family Culture – Each employee is considered part of the Buchner family where you are listened to, respected, and encouraged to be your best.
At Buchner Manufacturing, we believe in doing business with integrity and being good stewards of the communities we operate in. That's why we're such proud members of the Newmarket Chamber of Commerce, the Georgina Chamber of Commerce, Kingston Chamber of Commerce, Owen Sound Chamber of Commerce, and the North Bay District Chamber.
Should you have any questions, feel free to stop by any one of our convenient locations in Pefferlaw, Newmarket, Kingston, North Bay, or Owen Sound.